Wednesday 7 February 2007

Tray baked salmon

Today I did remember to take the salmon out - I love salmon and need to make sure I get my weekly dose of Omega 3s. The toddler and the baby seem to share my love of if though the toddler didn't touch it today (he's ill....).

This is a Jamie Oliver recipe that I'd not tried before - there are a few tweaks here and there and I won't use all the anchovies next time as it was far too salty for me.... But a great "throw it together" meal and easily varied to suit the seasons.

Ingredients:
4 salmon fillets
1 pack of green beans
20 cherry tomatoes
1 bulb of fennel
2 handfuls of pitted black olives
1 lemon
12 anchovy fillets

Heat a roasting tin in the oven set to the highest temp.
Blanche the green beans and fennel until tender. Drain. Toss them in a bowl with the tomatoes, olives and a couple of glugs of olive oil.
Pat the salmon fillets dry then squeeze the lemon over both sides. Pour a little olive oil over.
Remove the roasting tin from the oven. Lay the salmon fillets at one end
Pour the bean mix into the other end. Lay the anchovy fillet over the beans.
Put in the oven for 10 mins.

As I say, I think 6 anchovy fillets would be sufficient. I served this with some plain boiled baby new potatoes.

1 comment:

Bex said...

This is one of our staple recipes. It's really easy and as you say, you can vary the ingredients according to what you have in/what's in season.