Wednesday 14 February 2007

Minky's easy peasy fandabbydosy chocolate cake

This is a recipe gleaned from one of the girls on Damsels. After Husband surprised me with several wonderful Valentine's gifts, including a set of cake tins from Emma Bridgewater it would have been rude not to bake a cake! And what better way to a man's heart than with a chocolate cake....

Ingredients:
185g butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
1.5 cups sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 cup cool tap water
3 eggs
2/3 (two thirds) cup Cocoa

Put all ingredients in a bowl (room temp butter cut up into cubes). Mix to combine on low speed. Increase speed to max and mix for 3 mins or until the colour changes (goes slightly lighter). It might look curdled but this doesn't matter.Bake in a moderate oven (170 fan, 180 reg) 1.5 hours in a large tin or 1/2 an hour in 2 sandwich tins (greased and lined).

My Kenwood mixer is currently in storage so I hand mixed this. I started by creaming the butter and sugar together and then threw the rest of the ingredients in and stirred like crazy! It was the best chocolate cake I've had in ages and I will be making this again and again....

Enjoy!

No comments: